We announce to you that the applications for the Fourth International Congress of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (The Role of "The Classics" in the Present and Future of Psychology - 13-15 September 2019, Cluj-Napoca, Romania - http://www.rebt2019.org/rebt2019/index.php) are open between 15 January 2019 to 28 February 2019. The announcement of the selected papers will be made in 15 March. We encourage you to disseminate the information about the congress, participate in the congress, and make applications for (1) open papers; (2) symposia (be them more theoretical or practical oriented); and (3) posters.
The Congress is organized by the Albert Ellis Institute and supported by the International Institute for Advanced Study in Psychotherapy and Applied Mental Health and the Romanian Association of Cognitive and Behavioral Psychotherapies (a member accredited for training by the European Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies).
Our general objective is to explore how the legacy of Albert Ellis and REBT can impact and be better related to the present and the future of psychology. Therefore, the main aims of the present Congress are:
(1) To bring together the REBT community to discuss the state of the art of REBT theory and practice and to explore new directions for development;
(2) To stimulate CBTs and other evidence-based psychotherapy professionals to participate in the Congress, to explore bridges and collaboration strategies with the goal of moving the field closer to a more integrative CBTs and/or evidence-based psychotherapy;
(3) To stimulate professionals from the major fields of psychology and REBT to relate to each other (e.g., developmental/educational/school psychology to rational emotive education; work/organizational psychology to REBT/CBT coaching; pastoral/spiritual psychology to REBT pastoral counseling);
(4) To encourage researchers from clinical cognitive neurogenetics sciences to participate in order to explore together the role of REBT in understanding human mind and behavior;
(5) In addition, there will be meetings of the Directors of the 28 REBT Affiliated Training Centers from all over the world with the International Training Standards Committee that will focus on developing a strategic plan for the dissemination of REBT theory and practice.
A series of invited keynotes, workshops (invited), open papers/symposia (both invited and self-proposed - including posters), and round tables/meet the experts section (invited), with outstanding academics and professionals, will cover the above mentioned aims. We will also honor the lifetime scientific/professional achievements of Professor, MD, PhD, Aaron T. Beck to the field of CBT and evidence-based psychotherapy, by a ceremony conferring him the Lifetime Science Award.
Professor, Ph.D., Daniel David
President of the Congress